The Superpower Method For Therapists® Program
Do you want to grow your private practice into a profitable and fulfilling business (and not work 50 plus hours per week)?
You are passionate about helping your clients transform their lives. You have a vision of helping more people, especially more of the people you love to work with. You imagine setting up your business in a way that gives you a joyful amount of free time as well as a good income.
But this is what you're struggling with now:
- You feel overwhelmed about growing your business and sometimes you're not sure where to start.
- You're not making enough money, or you're making barely enough.
- You've been trying to grow your practice without a clear strategy.
- You fear that there aren't enough clients out there who can pay what you'd like to be making.
- You're worried that eventually you'll burn out, and that would break your heart because this is what you're supposed to do.
"I had no idea what I was doing at the beginning. The program helped me quickly hone what my niche is. I'm 6 months into private practice and my practice is more than 70% full."
-Albert Pignataro, MFT
"Before I signed up for the program, I was confused about how I wanted to position myself, market myself, and figure out my message. The biggest change is that I’m clear about who I want to be talking to and why and what my main focus is."
-Annie Bjork, MFT
"I realized I needed to start doing things differently and have a different mindset about my business." Bianca talks about raising her fee by 50% and reaching out to her right-fit clients using her Superpowers.
-Bianca Hughes, MA, LAPC
"After the program, I was able to fill a daytime (therapy) group...which I never thought I'd be able to do. By narrowing down and focusing on the most important things, I was able to make some big steps."
-Tom Bruett, MFTI tombruetttherapy.com
“Before I signed up for the program, I was making it up as I went along. I decided I needed to set up a good foundation for myself.” Ellie talks about overhauling her message, developing an entrepreneurial mindset, and receiving more calls than ever before.
-Ellie Vargas, LCSW ellievargastherapy.com
Do you want and need a clear strategy, based on your unique gifts, to serve more of the people you love working with? Would you like to make a lot more money?
I offer this program only two times a year to a group of highly motivated, warm-hearted therapists. I walk these therapists through a step-by-step process to transform their businesses.
The investment is $1650.
Payment plan available for $335 per month.
Update: Ivy embraced the niche of Highly Sensitive People, overhauled her website, and hired an intern to work with an overflow of clients. She's developing an online program for highly sensitive women.
The Superpower Method For Therapists® Program will teach you to:
- Identify your right-fit clients in specific ways that help you reach out to them successfully
- Connect the dots between what you're great at and what those clients need
- Overhaul or update your website so that it attracts your potential right-fit clients and converts them into actual clients.
- Create a marketing plan completely tailored to who you are.
- Grow a referral network full of the people who will refer your right-fit clients to you over and over again.
- Create a business model that brings you monthly profit rather than just paying the bills.
- Identify the one big goal you need to put first in your business and then create a plan to accomplish it.
- Set up your financial systems so that you feel empowered about the money in your business.
As the ideal participant you are:
- Passionate about providing excellent services to your clients.
- Committed to making your private practice a significant source of income.
- Insistent that your marketing and messaging must be authentic and ethical.
- Ready to participate fully and take action to get results.
- Open to giving and receiving feedback from Annie and a group of like-minded therapists.
Here's how we'll do this:
- 90-minute weekly group video calls (14 calls total)
- Video lessons and homework assignments two times per month (7 lessons total)
- Community access between the calls through a secret Facebook group
- One 30-minute individual video session with Annie
What you'll need:
- A computer to use for the video calls and to access the lessons and homework
- A Facebook account to access the secret group
- Time and energy to work through the program
Update: Aimee has developed a workshop for women in mid-life and beyond called "Wild Wisdom."
The Seven Lessons: our step-by-step process
Lesson 1: Assess where your business is now
You'll assess where you are in all aspects of your business, including finances, energy and mindset. You'll get crystal clear about where you're starting from with no shame or judgment. You'll also set up a system to track what's working and what's not working as you build your practice and bring in clients.
Bonus challenge: Start a networking challenge to begin bringing in more referrals (day-by-day challenge provided).
Lesson 2: Set up solid financial systems
with guest teacher Andi Smiles, bookkeeper and small business consultant
Andi wants you to develop a transparent and loving relationship with your finances. Proper bookkeeping does more than just relieve stress at tax-time. It also serves as a powerful ally in growth and expansion. Her lesson will help you set up your bookkeeping system. You'll learn foundational concepts like how to claim business expenses and pay yourself as a business owner. She'll also be on a 90-minute Q&A call so that you can get your bookkeeping questions answered.
Lesson 3: Your right-fit clients
You'll identify your right-fit clients and access valuable information about them. This will help you authentically reach out to them using language that speaks directly to them. This approach allows them to recognize you as their therapist. Don't expect a typical "ideal client exercise."
Bonus challenge: Overhaul your home page (lesson and worksheet provided).
Lesson 4: Your Superpowers
Your Superpowers are those qualities that set you apart from other people. You can also call them your differentiator, onliness, uniqueness, or specialness. When you build your business around your Superpowers, you move from your strengths and embrace who you are. You set up everything in your business in a way that leans on your strengths. When you don't build your business around your Superpowers, you're always trying hard and feeling ineffective.
Bonus challenge: Overhaul your about me page (lesson and worksheet provided).
Lesson 5: Business Model Overhaul
Your business model is simply the combination of services you offer. You'll walk out of this lesson with a business model that provides more income and fits your strengths. You'll examine at least 8 different kinds of services you can consider for your business model. More than half of participants expand their business models by offering new services as a result of this lesson.
Bonus challenge: Create a new service for your business and a description of it for your site.
Lesson 6: Identify your ONE BIG GOAL and design your marketing plan
You'll choose one big goal to focus on first. Narrowing your focus to one big goal allows you to accomplish more, not less. With that focus, you don't get overwhelmed or lost in the weeds. You're able to choose what to act on from all the information you're absorbing. You'll learn about a number of marketing tools and create a plan that accomplishes your big goal, fits your Superpowers, and attracts your right-fit clients.
Bonus challenge: Take new action with one or more marketing tools and get feedback.
Lesson 7: Look at your business as a whole
You'll be guided through a process to review all you've learned in the program and bring it all together.
Bonus challenge: Get started with The Superpower Method For Therapists® Alumni Program!
After the last lesson ....(drumroll)...you get ongoing support
When you complete the program, you're invited to become a member FOR FREE of our Superpower Method For Therapists® Alumni Community.
You'll join therapists who have been through the program for regular group calls facilitated by me and daily access to support through a secret Facebook group. We offer all this ongoing support because building your business is not a one and done process.
Frequently Asked Questions
What's your refund policy?
If you decide after your 30-minute coaching call with Annie that this program is not right for you, we will refund your payment in full right away.
If you participate in the 30-minute individual coaching call, the first 3 group calls, complete all homework assigned up to that time and decide this program is not right for you, we will refund all but a coaching fee of $300 at that time.
What kind of results can I expect?
This program gives you a foundation to grow your business for the rest of your life. Our goal is for you to create a plan to add thousands of dollars to your income each month. Participants who dive in fully, do the work, and complete the homework and bonus challenges tend to see significant growth within six to twelve months. There's no guarantee of particular results, and no ethical business coaching program can or should give that kind of guarantee.
Why is this a group program?
I have found that for many therapists, the most profound changes happen in a group program. You get to work with other therapists who are dealing with the same challenges you are. Sometimes you'll hear an important question you didn't realize you had. Isolation is a problem for small business owners, especially therapists in private practice. You gain energy and accountability by walking through this with your peers. If you'd rather NOT work with a group, check out The Superpower Method For Therapists® Individual Program.
Is this like group therapy?
It's a group of therapists, but it's not group therapy. The lessons and calls are all action oriented. This program does tend to feel safe enough that participants become vulnerable about their struggles, share their mindset issues, and support each other without shame or judgement.
When are the group calls?
You're a planner! I like that. We meet weekly on Wednesday mornings (9:30 to 11:00 am Pacific). There are a total of 14 meetings. For the specific dates, scroll to the bottom of this page.
What if I miss a call?
All calls are recorded and you'll have access to the recording within a day of the call. You can watch and listen at a time that works for you.
How long will I have access to the materials?
Forever! This program, along with the Alumni Program, is designed to support you long after the 14 weeks are over.
I'm Annie Schuessler. I'd love to be your guide through this profound and important process.
I've been a therapist in private practice since 2001.
I built a full therapy practice to the point where I brought in other therapists to work with me, leveraging my ability to generate plenty of great referrals. Here's my couples therapy center.
That's not how it was in 2001. I struggled with how to reach out to my right-fit clients, I didn't charge enough to support my family, and I had no idea what could set me apart from all the great therapists in my community. I wasn't emotionally comfortable making a profit in my business.
Then came my transformation.
I studied with a LOT of business coaches, learned a ton of tools, and implemented about a million changes. Then I helped other therapists grow their practices, and created a unique method that works for all kinds of therapists. That method is in the 7 lessons here.
"As a result of this program, I'm confident that I've created a foundation for a solid and growing private practice based on my personalized, long-term vision."
-Laurie Chandler, MFT chandlerdepthpsych.com
"After the program, I have a solid plan to accomplish big yet realistic goals this year. I've expanded my colleague network, committed to stop taking insurance clients, and have great tools to go back to over and over."
-Caroline McDowell, MFT bayareamft.com
This program is NOT for everyone, and that's OK. It's NOT the program for you if:
- You aren't invested in earning a significant income in your business. You need to really want this because it's hard work.
- You don't want to listen to other therapists talk. Listening to other therapists as they work through their business challenges is one of the most helpful parts of this program. You hear ideas and examples that you can apply to your business. If that's not for you, this isn't your program! Check out The Superpower Method For Therapists® Individual Program instead.
- You don't have the time or energy to dedicate at least two hours a week (outside of the group calls) to this process for 14 weeks. I'm not going to shame you if you don't do your homework, but I DO want you to get everything you can out of the program.
- You need a guarantee of fast results. My intention for you is that you take steps that increase your income. Often therapists double or triple their income as a results of actions they take in this program. The power to make that happen is yours, not mine. What I DO promise to do is deliver a program that I'm super proud of and that has the potential to change your business.