The Superpower Method For Therapists® Program
Grow a thriving business by leveraging your unique gifts.
Imagine setting up your business in a way that gives you a joyful amount of free time as well as a good income.
A profitable and fulfilling business takes planning. You need a clear strategy, based on your unique gifts. You want to serve more of the people you love working with, and you definitely want to make a lot more money.
Welcome to The Superpower Method For Therapists® Program.
This is what you're struggling with now:
- You feel overwhelmed about growing your business and sometimes you're not sure where to start.
- You're not making enough money, or you're making barely enough.
- You've been trying to grow your practice without a clear strategy.
- You fear that there aren't enough clients out there who can pay what you'd like to be making.
- You're worried that eventually you'll burn out, and that would break your heart because this is what you're supposed to do.
Update: April is developing services for her clients beyond in-office sessions.
Update: Jan's practice continues have an overflow of referrals. She is working on her next goals, including developing a group program.
In The Superpower Method For Therapists® Program, I'll walk you and a group of highly motivated, warm-hearted therapists through a step-by-step process to transform your businesses.
Registration will open in September, 2018.
The program starts in October, 2018 and ends in December, 2018.
The investment is $1695.
Payment plan available for $339 per month (for 5 months)
"I had no idea what I was doing at the beginning. The program helped me quickly hone what my niche is. I'm 6 months into private practice and my practice is more than 70% full."
-Albert Pignataro, MFT
"Before I signed up for the program, I was confused about how I wanted to position myself, market myself, and figure out my message. The biggest change is that I’m clear about who I want to be talking to and why and what my main focus is."
-Annie Bjork, MFT
"I realized I needed to start doing things differently and have a different mindset about my business." Bianca talks about raising her fee by 50% and reaching out to her right-fit clients using her Superpowers.
-Bianca Hughes, MA, LAPC
"After the program, I was able to fill a daytime (therapy) group...which I never thought I'd be able to do. By narrowing down and focusing on the most important things, I was able to make some big steps."
-Tom Bruett, MFTI tombruetttherapy.com
“Before I signed up for the program, I was making it up as I went along. I decided I needed to set up a good foundation for myself.” Ellie talks about overhauling her message, developing an entrepreneurial mindset, and receiving more calls than ever before.
-Ellie Vargas, LCSW ellievargastherapy.com
Update: Ivy embraced the niche of Highly Sensitive People, overhauled her website, and hired interns to work with an overflow of clients. She's developing an online program for highly sensitive women.
What can you really accomplish in three months?
Well...a lot. And it's up to you. Many participants do their homework each week and transform their businesses during the three months of the program. Some of them are featured right here on this page. Others go at a slower pace and continue to work through the steps after the program is officially over. Either pace can work to transform your business. Keep reading and you'll learn about our ongoing support.
During the program, you will:
- Identify your right-fit clients in specific ways that help you reach out to them successfully
- Connect the dots between what you're great at and what those clients need
- Write new copy for your website so that it attracts your potential right-fit clients and converts them into actual clients.
- Create a marketing plan completely tailored to who you are.
- Create a plan to improve your SEO.
- Grow a referral network full of the people who will refer your right-fit clients to you over and over again.
- Create a business model that brings you monthly profit rather than just paying the bills.
- Identify the one big goal you need to put first in your business and then create a plan to accomplish it.
- Set up your financial systems so that you feel empowered about the money in your business.
As the ideal participant you are:
- Passionate about providing excellent services to your clients.
- Committed to making your private practice a significant source of income.
- Insistent that your marketing and messaging must be authentic and ethical.
- Ready to participate fully and take action to get results.
- Open to giving and receiving feedback from Annie and a group of like-minded therapists.
Here's how we'll do this:
- Live Q&A video calls with me (Annie) two to three times each month (7 calls total)
- Video lessons and homework assignments two to three times per month (7 lessons total)
- Community access between the calls through an exclusive Facebook group
- One 20-minute individual video session with me (Annie)
- Live Office Hours video calls with our Superpower Coaches throughout the course (8 calls total)
- An opportunity to be matched with an accountability buddy (optional)
What you'll need:
- A computer to use for the video calls and to access the lessons and homework
- A Facebook account to access the exclusive group
- Time and energy to work through the program
Update: Aimee has developed a workshop for women in mid-life and beyond called "Wild Wisdom."
Here's what we'll cover in our step-by-step process:
Lesson 1: Assess where your business is now
You'll assess where you are in all aspects of your business, including finances, energy and mindset. You'll get crystal clear about where you're starting from with no shame or judgment. You'll also set up a system to track what's working and what's not working as you build your practice and bring in clients.
Bonus challenge: Start a networking challenge to begin bringing in more referrals (day-by-day challenge provided).
Lesson 2: Set up solid financial systems
with guest teacher Andi Smiles, bookkeeper and small business consultant
Andi wants you to develop a transparent and loving relationship with your finances. Proper bookkeeping does more than just relieve stress at tax-time. It also serves as a powerful ally in growth and expansion. Her lesson will help you set up your bookkeeping system. You'll learn foundational concepts like how to claim business expenses and pay yourself as a business owner. She'll also be on a 90-minute Q&A call so that you can get your bookkeeping questions answered.
Lesson 3: Your right-fit clients
You'll identify your right-fit clients and access valuable information about them. This will help you authentically reach out to them using language that speaks directly to them. This approach allows them to recognize you as their therapist. Don't expect a typical "ideal client exercise."
Bonus challenge: Overhaul your home page (lesson and worksheet provided).
Lesson 4: Your Superpowers
Your Superpowers are those qualities that set you apart from other people. You can also call them your differentiator, onliness, uniqueness, or specialness. When you build your business around your Superpowers, you move from your strengths and embrace who you are. You set up everything in your business in a way that leans on your strengths. When you don't build your business around your Superpowers, you're always trying hard and feeling ineffective.
Bonus challenge: Overhaul your about me page (lesson and worksheet provided).
Lesson 5: Business Model Overhaul
Your business model is simply the combination of services you offer. You'll walk out of this lesson with a business model that provides more income and fits your strengths. You'll examine at least 8 different kinds of services you can consider for your business model. Many participants expand their business models by offering new services as a result of this lesson.
Bonus challenge: Create a new service for your business and a description of it for your site.
Lesson 6: Identify your ONE BIG GOAL and design your marketing plan
You'll choose one big goal to focus on first. Narrowing your focus to one big goal allows you to accomplish more, not less. With that focus, you don't get overwhelmed or lost in the weeds. You're able to choose what to act on from all the information you're absorbing. You'll learn about a number of marketing tools and create a plan that accomplishes your big goal, fits your Superpowers, and attracts your right-fit clients.
Bonus challenge: Take new action with one or more marketing tools and get feedback.
Lesson 7: Look at your business as a whole
You'll be guided through a process to review all you've learned in the program and bring it all together.
Bonus challenge: Get started with The Superpower Method For Therapists® Alumni Program!
Bonus Lesson: SEO Crash Course
with guest teacher Cathy Hanville, private practice consultant
Cathy will walk you through the basics of search engine optimization techniques to help you improve your website performance. She wants to make it easier for your right-fit clients to find you online. You'll learn about keywords, blogging, how google ranks sites, and you'll get started on your SEO! Cathy will be on a 90-minute Q&A call so that you can get your SEO questions answered by an expert.
After the last lesson ....(drumroll)...you get ongoing support
When you complete the program, you'll be invited to become a member FOR FREE of our Superpower Method For Therapists® Alumni Community.
You'll join therapists who have been through The Superpower Method For Therapists®. You'll be invited to group calls facilitated by me and daily access to support through an exclusive Facebook group. We offer all this ongoing support because building your business is not a one and done process.
Frequently Asked Questions
What's your refund policy?
If you participate in the first two Q&A calls with Annie, complete all homework assigned up to that time and decide this program is not right for you, we will refund all but a coaching fee of $300 at that time.
What kind of results can I expect?
This program gives you a foundation to grow your business for the rest of your life. Our goal is for you to create a plan to add thousands of dollars to your income each month. Participants who dive in fully, do the work, and complete the homework and bonus challenges tend to see significant growth within six to twelve months. There's no guarantee of particular results, and no ethical business coaching program can or should give that kind of guarantee.
Why is this a group program?
I have found that for many therapists, the most profound changes happen in a group program. You get to work with other therapists who are dealing with the same challenges you are. Sometimes you'll hear an important question you didn't realize you had. Isolation is a problem for small business owners, especially therapists in private practice. You gain energy and accountability by walking through this with your peers. Also, it's a much higher investment to work with me 1:1.
Is this like group therapy?
It's a group of therapists, but it's not group therapy. The lessons and calls are all action oriented. You'll likely feel safe to be vulnerable about your business struggles and mindset issues. We'll help you support each other without shame or judgement as you work through the program.
When are the group calls?
You're a planner! I like that. The dates are at the very bottom of this page.
What if I miss a call?
All calls are recorded and you'll have access to the recording within a day of the call. You can watch and listen at a time that works for you.
How long will I have access to the materials?
Forever! This program, along with the Alumni Community, is designed to support you long after the program is over.
I'm Annie Schuessler. I'd love to be your guide through this profound and important process.
I've been a therapist in private practice since 2001.
I built a full therapy practice to the point where I could charge what I want and work with only the clients I'm a great fit for.
That's not how it was in the beginning! I struggled with how to reach out to my right-fit clients, I didn't charge enough to support my family, and I had no idea what could set me apart from all the great therapists in my community. I wasn't emotionally comfortable making a profit in my business.
Then came my transformation.
I studied with a LOT of business coaches, learned a ton of tools, and implemented about a million changes. Then I helped other therapists grow their practices, and created a unique method that works for all kinds of therapists. That method is what you're reading about here.
Meet your Superpower Coaches.
Bianca and Marielle are the coaches who will assist you during the eight Office Hours calls. Not only are they private practice coaches, they are also alums of the program. They've been exactly where you are now.
Bianca Hughes is a private practice entrepreneur in Atlanta Georgia. She's ready to help you embrace your Superpowers, work through your mindset issues, and meet your goals. Bianca has built an authentic and engaging brand and regularly runs workshops in addition to her one on one work. She uses video to share her message and bring her right-fit clients into her practice. Listen to my interview on Therapist Clubhouse with Bianca right here.
Marielle Berg is a private practice entrepreneur in San Francisco. She wants you to build a private practice you will love; a practice that will allow you to do the work you feel called to do and that is also financially stable. Marielle runs her own successful and overflowing private practice, and she coaches therapists 1:1 to help them fill their practices. Listen to my interview on Therapist Clubhouse with Marielle right here.
This program is NOT for everyone, and that's OK. It's NOT the program for you if:
- You aren't invested in earning a significant income in your business. You need to really want this because it's hard work.
- You don't want to listen to other therapists talk. Listening to other therapists as they work through their business challenges is one of the most helpful parts of this program. You'll hear ideas and examples that you can apply to your business. If that's not for you, this isn't your program!
- You don't have the time or energy to dedicate at least two hours a week (outside of the group calls) to this process for the duration of the program. I'm not going to shame you if you don't do your homework, but I DO want you to get everything you can out of the program.
- You need a guarantee of fast results. My intention for you is that you take steps that increase your income. Often therapists double or triple their income as a results of actions they take in this program. The power to make that happen is yours, not mine. What I DO promise to do is deliver a program that I'm super proud of and that has the potential to change your business.
- You're afraid of difference. My programs attract visionary business owners who don't fall into cookie cutter categories, and I encourage them to be bold in their uniqueness.
Dates of Q&A calls (subject to change, all in Pacific Time)
Wednesday, October 3rd, 9:30am-10:30am
Wednesday, October 17th, 9:30am-11am (with guest teacher Andi Smiles)
Wednesday, October 31st, 9:30am-10:30am
Wednesday, November 14th, 9:30am-10:30am
Wednesday, November 28th, 9:30am-10:30am
Wednesday, December 12th, 9:30am-10:30am
Last call date to be announced, during week of December 17th (with guest teacher Cathy Hanville)
Dates of bonus Office Hours with Superpower Coaches (subject to change, all in Pacific Time)
Thursday, October 11th, 12pm-1pm
Monday, October 22nd, 4pm-5pm
Wednesday, October 24th, 10am-11am
Thursday, November 8th, 11:30am-12:30pm
Monday, November 19th, 9am-10am
Wednesday, December 5th, 10am-11am
Friday, December 7th, 11am-12pm
Monday, December 17th, 10am-11am