The Superpower Method For Therapists® Individual Program
Do you want to grow your private practice into a profitable and fulfilling business (and not work 50 plus hours per week)?
You're ready to build your therapy practice step-by-step.
You want to leverage your strengths and make your business unique.
You love the idea of the Superpower Method For Therapists®, but you want to work with me 1:1 so that you can go at your own pace and get laser focused guidance and attention.
You are passionate about helping your clients transform their lives. You have a vision of helping more people, especially more of the people you love to work with.
You imagine setting up your business in a way that gives you a joyful amount of free time as well as a good income.
But this is what you're struggling with now:
- You feel overwhelmed about growing your business and sometimes you're not sure where to start.
- You're not making enough money, or you're making barely enough.
- You've been trying to grow your practice without a clear strategy.
- You fear that there aren't enough clients out there who can pay what you'd like to be making.
- You're worried that eventually you'll burn out, and that would break your heart because this is what you're supposed to do.
"After the program, I was able to fill a daytime (therapy) group...which I never thought I'd be able to do. By narrowing down and focusing on the most important things, I was able to make some big steps."
-Tom Bruett, MFTI tombruetttherapy.com
“Before I signed up for the program, I was making it up as I went along. I decided I needed to set up a good foundation for myself.” Ellie talks about overhauling her message, developing an entrepreneurial mindset, and receiving more calls than ever before.
-Ellie Vargas, LCSW ellievargastherapy.com
Do you want and need a clear strategy, based on your unique gifts, to serve more of the people you love working with? Would you like to make a lot more money?
This is the VERY FIRST time I'm offering this program to individuals.
Prior to working with Annie, I'd been in a place where I was struggling and becoming burned out because I was working too hard. The Superpower Method For Therapists® Program has helped me develop focus and clarity around my goals, supported me as I addressed my own hang-ups, and encouraged me to take steps each day to create a business that inspires and invigorates me.
-Ivy Griffin, MFT ivygriffintherapy.com
Update: Ivy embraced the niche of Highly Sensitive People, overhauled her website, and hired an intern to work with an overflow of clients. She's developing an online program for highly sensitive women.
The Superpower Method For Therapists® Program will teach you to:
- Identify your right-fit clients in specific ways that help you reach out to them successfully
- Connect the dots between what you're great at and what those clients need
- Overhaul or update your website so that it attracts your potential right-fit clients and converts them into actual clients.
- Create a marketing plan completely tailored to who you are.
- Grow a referral network with the people who will refer your right-fit clients to you over and over again.
- Create a business model that brings you monthly profit rather than just paying the bills.
- Identify the one big goal you need to put first in your business and then create a plan to accomplish it.
- Set up your financial systems so that you feel empowered about the money in your business.
As the ideal participant you are:
- Passionate about providing excellent services to your clients.
- Committed to making your private practice a significant source of income.
- Insistent that your marketing and messaging must be authentic and ethical.
- Ready to participate fully and take action to get results.
Here's how we'll do this:
- Six 30-minute 1:1 video calls, just you and me. Don't worry, the video call technology is easy.
- Seven video lessons and homework assignments.
- Email access between our calls to get your questions answered.
What you'll need:
- A computer to use for the video calls and to access the lessons and homework
- Time and energy to work through the program
This is a 3-month program. The investment is $1950.
A 3-month payment plan is available.
"Working with Annie in The Superpower Method For Therapists® Program helped me recognize what I'm good at, which I can now offer with confidence to the ideal clients in my niche. With Annie's astute guidance, I feel much more clarity in my offerings and I have a solid plan in place to reach those clients and build my business."
-Aimee Tomczak, MFT aimeewellness.com
Update: Aimee has developed a workshop for women in mid-life and beyond called "Wild Wisdom."
The Seven Lessons: our step-by-step process
Lesson 1: Assess where your business is now
You'll assess where you are in all aspects of your business, including finances, energy and mindset. You'll get crystal clear about where you're starting from with no shame or judgment. You'll also set up a system to track what's working and what's not working as you build your practice and bring in clients.
Bonus challenge: Start a networking challenge to begin bringing in more referrals (day-by-day challenge provided).
Lesson 2: Set up solid financial systems
with guest teacher Andi Smiles, bookkeeper and small business consultant
Andi wants you to develop a transparent and loving relationship with your finances. Proper bookkeeping does more than just relieve stress at tax-time. It also serves as a powerful ally in growth and expansion. Her lesson will help you set up your bookkeeping system. You'll learn foundational concepts like how to claim business expenses and pay yourself as a business owner. You'll receive a recording of a Q&A call with Andi and a group of therapists from The Superpower Method For Therapists® Program.
Lesson 3: Your right-fit clients
You'll identify your right-fit clients and access valuable information about them. This will help you authentically reach out to them using language that speaks directly to them. This approach allows them to recognize you as their therapist. Don't expect a typical "ideal client exercise."
Bonus challenge: Overhaul your home page (lesson and worksheet provided).
Lesson 4: Your Superpowers
Your Superpowers are those qualities that set you apart from other people. You can also call them your differentiator, onliness, uniqueness, or specialness. When you build your business around your Superpowers, you move from your strengths and embrace who you are. You set up everything in your business in a way that leans on your strengths. When you don't build your business around your Superpowers, you're always trying hard and feeling ineffective.
Bonus challenge: Overhaul your about me page (lesson and worksheet provided).
Lesson 5: Business Model Overhaul
Your business model is simply the combination of services you offer. You'll walk out of this lesson with a business model that provides more income and fits your strengths. You'll examine at least 8 different kinds of services you can consider for your business model. More than half of participants expand their business models by offering new services as a result of this lesson.
Bonus challenge: Create a new service for your business and a description of it for your site.
Lesson 6: Identify your ONE BIG GOAL and design your marketing plan
You'll choose one big goal to focus on first. Narrowing your focus to one big goal allows you to accomplish more, not less. With that focus, you don't get overwhelmed or lost in the weeds. You're able to choose what to act on from all the information you're absorbing. You'll learn about a number of marketing tools an create a plan that accomplishes your big goal, fits your Superpower, and attracts your right-fit clients.
Bonus challenge: Take new action with one or more marketing tools and get feedback.
Lesson 7: Look at your business as a whole
You'll be guided through a process to review all you've learned in the program and bring it all together.
Bonus challenge: Get started with The Superpower Method For Therapists® Alumni Program!
After the last lesson ....(drumroll)...you get ongoing support
When you complete the program, you're invited to become a member FOR FREE of our Superpower Method For Therapists® Alumni Program for 6 months.
You'll join therapists who have been through the program for monthly group calls facilitated by me and daily access to support through a secret Facebook group. We offer all this ongoing support because building your business is not a one and done process.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of results can I expect?
This program gives you a foundation to grow your business for the rest of your life. Our goal is for you to create a plan to add thousands of dollars to your income each month. Participants who dive in fully, do the work, and complete the homework and bonus challenges tend to see significant growth within six to twelve months. There's no guarantee of particular results, and no ethical business coaching program can or should give that kind of guarantee.
How is this different from the group program?
The content and the process are similar. We just spend all of our time on you. You miss out on the accountability of working with a group of therapists, but you get more individualized attention.
What are the first steps to get started?
Fill out an application now. You'll receive a response from me soon. If I think we'd be a great fit and that this program could help you meet your goals, you'll receive instructions about how to register and start the program.
I'm Annie Schuessler. I'd love to be your guide through this profound and important process.
I've been a therapist in private practice since 2001.
I built a full therapy practice to the point where I brought in other therapists to work with me, leveraging my ability to generate plenty of great referrals. Here's my couples therapy center.
That's not how it was in 2001. I struggled with how to reach out to my right-fit clients, I didn't charge enough to support my family, and I had no idea what could set me apart from all the great therapists in my community. I wasn't emotionally comfortable making a profit in my business.
Then came my transformation.
I studied with a LOT of business coaches, learned a ton of tools, and implemented about a million changes. Then I helped other therapists grow their practices, and created a unique method that works for all kinds of therapists. That method is in the 7 lessons here.
"As a result of this program, I'm confident that I've created a foundation for a solid and growing private practice based on my personalized, long-term vision."
-Laurie Chandler, MFT chandlerdepthpsych.com
"After the program, I have a solid plan to accomplish big yet realistic goals this year. I've expanded my colleague network, committed to stop taking insurance clients, and have great tools to go back to over and over."
-Caroline McDowell, MFT bayareamft.com
This program is NOT for everyone, and that's OK. It's NOT the program for you if:
- You aren't invested in earning a significant income in your business. You need to really want this because it's hard work.
- You don't have the time or energy to dedicate at least three hours a week (including our calls) to this process for 8 weeks. I'm not going to shame you if you don't do your homework, but I DO want you to get everything you can out of the program.
- You need a guarantee of fast results. My intention for you is that you take steps that increase your income. Often therapists double or triple their incomes as a results of actions they take in this program. The power to make that happen is yours, not mine. What I DO promise to do is deliver a program that I'm super-proud of and that has the potential to change your business.